God is the God of THE “I WILL!” When you find the words “I WILL” in the Bible, you can bank on it. When you say, “I can’t!” God says, “I will!” These words are God’s promise to you. He never goes back on His Word. He never changes His mind. I WILL is present tense – it’s the promise of a living God and a living Savior. He sees, He knows, He loves, He responds, He rescues, He restores!
I ran across these 7 “I wills” in Exodus 6. Moses had been complaining to God about the assignment God had given him — to free the Israelites from Egypt. The first thing God says to Moses is “I am the Lord” –then he goes through a series of 7 promises.
- I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians
- I will free you from slavery
- I will rescue you with an outstretched arm
- I will take you to Me for a people
- I will be to you a God
- I will bring you into the land concerning which I lifted up My hand and swore that I would give to Abraham
- I will give it to you for a heritage
And He ends this list with another emphatic “I am the Lord.”
As I read this, I realized that though none of these things were simple or easy, most actually impossible,God accomplished ALL of them.So, I went in search of “I will’s” from the Bible.
Here are some real gems that I found.
- Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high,because he has known My name. He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him.With long life I will satisfy him, and I will show him my salvation. Psalm 91
- Surely I will pour out my spirit on you; I will make my words known to you. Proverbs 1:23
- I will contend with those who contend with you, and your children I will save.Isaiah 49: 25
- Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, andI will give you rest. Matthew 11:29
- Follow Me, and I will make you become fishers of menMark 1:17
- And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him upat the last day. John 6:40
- And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. John 14:3
- And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. John 14:13
- He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love himand manifest Myself to him John 14:21
I challenge you to look up your own “I will’s” from God’s Word. Hide them in your heart and recite them often, especially when life gets ugly and you feel your grip slipping.Our Father is the God of the “I will!”
I know that My redeemer lives…. “I will” is PRESENT TENSE!